Married In Ontario
Did you know?:
- On your wedding day you have a wedding themed party until the
officiant shows up, you do not have a wedding.
- The officiant is the only professional of the day you MUST have.
No officiant, no wedding.
- There are people in Ontario acting fraudulently masquerading as
wedding Officiants. Always confirm that the officiant you have
chosen has a licence to marry in the province.
- There are only three groups of people who can legally solemnize
a wedding ceremony in Ontario. Religious Official, Ontario Municipal
Clerk/Designate, Judge/Justice of the Peace. See
before you get married fact sheet (pdf)
- There are two types of marriages in Ontario. Here is a quote
from the Service Ontario website;
To ensure that your marriage is performed properly and legally, an
authorized official needs to marry you. There are 2 types of
marriage ceremonies performed in Ontario:
"Religious marriage: a recognized
religious official marries you. Check the religious marriage Officiants
list to ensure that the officiant you are interested in hiring is
authorized to perform a marriage in Ontario.
religious marriage Officiants
Civil marriage: a judge, justice of the
peace or authorized municipal clerk marries you, often at a local
municipal office or city hall.
Find a local city hall, town hall or municipal office"
- I am a Religious Official that is involved in an organization
that encourages couples to choose their own ceremony content. We
desire that the ceremony be a reflection of your love and commitment
to each other, not a particular religion.
- I am Licenced with the government recognized denomination
Celebrating Life Ministries.
- For legal confirmation my name can be found on the Service
Ontario website at this link;
religious marriage Officiants.
married in Ontario fact sheet pdf
Before you get married
fact sheet pdf
is allowed to perform marriages in Ontario
remarried in Ontario after a divorce
Please Like and Share my website.
Like and visit my
Send my website link to a friend via Messenger.